- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 3 shells each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 32
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen sea scallops
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 dried jumbo shell macaroni
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 6 – ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper (1 small)
- 1/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Thaw scallops if frozen. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, except omit salt and add scallops for the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain. Cut scallops into small pieces; set aside.
- In a food processor or blender combine tomatoes, onion, lemon juice, oregano, and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Transfer tomato mixture to a medium saucepan. Stir in capers. Bring just to boiling.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine cooked scallops, crabmeat, sweet pepper, ricotta, and the 1/4 cup parsley. Add egg yolks, 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese, the sour cream, Italian seasoning, shredded lemon peel, and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Stir to combine. Carefully spoon seafood mixture into the cooked pasta shells.
- Place stuffed shells in the prepared baking dish. Spoon tomato mixture over stuffed shells. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and shells are heated through. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon parsley.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 285 cal., 6 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 144 mg chol., 512 mg sodium, 32 g carb. (3 g fiber, 6 g sugars), 23 g pro.
Starch (d.e): 1.5; Vegetables (d.e): 2; Lean Meat (d.e): 2.5