This quick and healthy one-pot is packed with white fish fillets, king prawns, a rich tomato sauce and enough veg to count for 3 of your 5-a-day
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml hot fish stock, heated to a simmer
- 2 skinless pollock fillets (about 200g), thawed if frozen, and cut into chunks
- 85g raw shelled king prawns
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the fennel seeds, carrots, celery and garlic, and cook for 5 mins until starting to soften. Tip in the leeks, tomatoes and stock, season and bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15-20 mins until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened and reduced slightly.
- STEP 2
Add the fish, scatter over the prawns and cook for 2 mins more until lightly cooked. Ladle into bowls and serve with a spoon.